There are a few potential causes for this error message:
- Switching to a browser that has already been paired to the MP200 previously with a different pairing code.
- Unpairing the terminal on the device itself (Main Menu>Settings>Down arrow>Unpair Device) without unpairing in the payment plug-in.
- The terminal shows “connecting to servers” when the Chip button is clicked
- The terminal is showing the "Enter pairing code" screen when chip is clicked (when the payment plug-in is already paired from previous session).
To fix the issue:
Allow the MP200 to finish connecting to the servers. Once connected, the 'Welcome' screen will be displayed.
Unpair the terminal in the payment plug-in:
- In the payment plug-in: Click the unpair button pictured here:
If the MP200 does not show the "Enter Pairing Code" screen after completing the step above, unpair the MP200 manually:
- Press and hold the Down key until it beeps
- On the Main Menu, press 1 for Settings
- Press the Down key once
- Press 1 to Unpair Device
- Press Enter to Unpair
- Press the Cancel key to exit the menus back to the Welcome screen
- The “Enter Pairing Code” screen will again be shown
Pair the terminal by clicking the Chip button in the payment plug-in to generate the pairing code: MP200 - Setup and User Guide#SetupandUserGuide-connecttoplug-in